New patient registration
New Patient Registration Form
If you are a new patient you will need to complete a Patient Registration Form when you attend your first appointment. Please arrive a few minutes earlier in order to read and complete your patient registration form.
Health Information Collection and Consent
As a patient of our medical practice we require you to provide us with your personal details and a full medical history, so that we may properly assess, diagnose, treat and be proactive in your health care needs.
We require your consent to collect personal information about you and to use the information you provide in the following ways:
- Administrative purposes in running our medical practice.
- Billing purposes, including compliance with Medicare and Health Insurance Commission requirements.
- Disclosure to others involved in your healthcare including treating doctors and specialists outside this medical practice. This may occur though referral to other doctors, or for medical tests and in the reports or results returned to us following referrals.
- Disclosure to other doctors in the practice, locums etc. attached to the practice for the purpose of patient care and teaching.
- For research and quality assurance activities to improve individual and community health care and practice management. Usually information that does not identify you is used but should information that will identify you be required you will be informed and given the opportunity to “opt out” of any involvement.
- To comply with any legislative or regulatory requirements e.g. notifiable diseases.
- For reminder letters which may be sent to you regarding your health care and management.
NOTE: You can decline to have your health information used in all or some of the ways outlined above but it may influence our ability to manage your health care to provide the best outcome for you.